July 13, 2011
No frozen yogurt on U Street?
Georgetown Valet recently opened at the renovated building that also houses Boundless Yoga at 13th and U. We had heard from the owners of the building that we could expect another tenant: a frozen yogurt place (which sounds damn good considering this heat). However, it doesn’t look like there is any space for the froyo spot to open – Georgetown Valet is taking up the whole ground floor.
I got in touch with the owner of the building to see if we can still hope for froyo, but haven’t yet heard back. I will update if I get more information.
March 30, 2011
Boundless Yoga to open Friday
Great news for the yoga fans who live along U Street. Boundless Yoga will open their new studio at 13/U this Friday. Now with two classrooms, an expanded schedule, and 7 pm classes (great for people like me who can rarely make the 6 o’clock hour classes because of work) Boundless’s new studio will be a great addition to the neighborhood.
And, if Boundless is opening on the top two floors, I have to believe the frozen yogurt spot, as well as the dry cleaners slated for the first floor can’t be far behind.
January 31, 2011
Boundless Yoga hopes to open in March
I spoke with Kim Weeks of Boundless Yoga, who will be opening a new studio at 13th and U, about the progress of the construction. While the original September 2010 opening date has been pushed back a few times, Kim is now confident the studio will open in March. I assume this means that the Georgetown Valet and yet-to-be-named frozen yogurt spot will open around March too.
September 10, 2010
Under construction at 13th/U
I spoke with Boundless Yoga’s owner, Kim Weeks, about the timeline of opening her new studio at 13/U. While they had originally hoped for a September opening, construction (as always) seems to have slowed things down. She says now their target is a fall deadline, somewhere in October or November.
June 30, 2010
Frozen yogurt to U Street?
Prince of Petworth reported last week that he heard that a frozen yogurt spot will be opening in the 13th and U building being renovated. Yet I had previously heard from another tenant, owner of Boundless Yoga, Kim Weeks, that were would only be two tenants – her studio and Georgetown Valet. I got in touch with the owner/landlord of the building to try to clarify if the rumor was true (and why I’d been holding out on posting) – but 5 days after I emailed I haven’t gotten a response yet – I’ll update when I get more information.
I definitely welcome this rumor, it’s much better than just a dry cleaner on the ground floor.
June 28, 2010
Second floor, Boundless
I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek of the building being renovated at 13th and U, that will house a Georgetown Valet and Boundless Yoga (and maybe a frozen yogurt spot? more on that later this week) with Boundless owner, Kim Weeks. The building should be ready for business in September, it’s looking good but there’s still a lot of work to do.
More pictures below the jump. (more…)
June 23, 2010
Posted by ustreetgirl under dc
| Tags: 14th street
, blackbird warehouse
, boundless yoga
, brixton pub
, coming soon
, diamond district
, port orleans
, table 14
, u street
I thought I’d take the time to update on the business that are (or were) coming to the area. Here’s a list of what is coming, what was supposed to be coming, and when they are supposed to open:
- Blackbird Warehouse at 14/U- Hilton brother empire expanding more, with what used to be a concept for a wine bar/bakery becoming a cafe/performance space – no estimated opening date.
- Boundless Yoga/Georgetown Valet at 13/U – Boundless Yoga is moving from space at 15/U and Georgetown Valet is opening. The building should be open in September. Read below post about the Boundless space, I met with the owner last week.
- Brixton Pub at 9/U – another Hilton brothers space, supposed to be a gastropub. Not much information beyond that, or on when it’s going to open.
- Burger/beer place at 14/S – while this isn’t confirmed, I’m pretty sure that this isn’t going to be a reality. The concept was going to be similar to the Shake Shack in NYC, but with opposition from the local ANC, it doesn’t look like a reality.
- Chidogos at 14th/U – this Chicago style hot dog place, with a liquor license, is scheduled to open sometime this summer.
- Deli at 12/S – this yet unnamed deli will be coming to a long vacant building on 12th street, not much more information beyond that.
- Estadio at 14th/Church – the Spanish tapas place by the owners of U Street Girl favorite, Proof. The signs are up, they’re working hard inside. Not sure if they’re going to reach their June opening date but it looks like they’ll make it soon.
- Diamond District at 14/Corcoran – the seafood market from former Saint Ex/Bar Pilar chef Barton Seaver is no longer coming to the area. Sad, I was looking forward to this one.
- Italian Shirt Laundry at 14/Q – Tom Sietsema broke the news that two restaurants will be coming to the 14th street corridor – this one will be a combination bakery/pizzeria. Should open sometime this year.
- Italian Cinema at 14/Rhode Island – from same owners of Italian Shirt Laundry – will serve pasta, charcuterie and screen Italian films on the restaurant’s roof.
- Port Orleans at 13/U – old Polly’s space rumored to become a burger place by owners of next door neighbors Angelico’s Pizza. Could be opening as early as July.
- Table 14 at 14/T – we haven’t gotten any updates on this space in a while, it’s supposed to be a farm-to-table restaurant with an Italian focus from the folks from Local 16.
- Also of note: there are signs advertising open spaces at the Solea building at 14th and Florida, any certain businesses that might have been coming seem to not be anymore.
Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments.