Yesterday, the Washington Post released their annual Holiday Guide, with recipes for 25 lovely cookies. Some of these sound like real keepers.
I’ve gotten into baking every weekend, not so much for myself (because I could never eat a whole batch of cookies on my own) but for friends. Therefore, I’m always on the search for a good cookie, pie, bread, or cupcake recipe.
My one regret is the oven at my parents’ house, where I’ll be spending the holidays, is out of commission so I’ll be unable to make them there.
Here are the ones I’ll be trying:
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies (mmm, like Thin Mints, my favorite)
- Iced Lemon Rings (These will probably be better than the lackluster lemon cookies I made a few weeks ago)
- Milk Chocolate Espresso Cookies (I think I might sub semi-sweet chocolate for a richer flavor)
- Savory Shortbread (as a Scottish gal, I love me some shortbread)
- Mole Cookies (could be good, could just be plain terrible)
I’ll have to spend some time in the kitchen and report back later.