I see many of you are googling options of New Year’s Eve parties on U Street and coming along my post for last year. Here’s what’s going on around U Street this year:
Same as last year, Black Cat is throwing their New Year’s Eve Ball with Peaches O’Dell and her Orchestra. Tickets are $25 and doors open at 8.
- U Street Music Hall is having Moombahton Massive X with Nadastrom, Sabo, Jen Lasher, The Gent, and Cam Jus. The event is 21 years and older, with tickets $20 – which they suggest buying in advance.
- El Centro D.F. is offering a three-course Mexican tasting menu in the dining room, drink specials on the roof, and a DJ spinning in the basement tequileria. There will be two seatings – from 6-8:30, which is $40; and from 8 to closing, which is $60 and includes a champagne toast.
- 1905 is having their annual New Year’s Eve dinner and party, including a three course prixe fixe menu ($55 per person), a champagne toast, and cash bar all night.
- The Gibson is mixing things up this year with a Heaven and Hell themed NYE party featuring an open bar, catered food, and a champagne toast. Tickets are $150.
- Eatonville is having two seatings for a prix fixe menu featuring live music: the first seating with three courses is at 6:30 for $39 and the second with four courses is at 9:30, and also includes a glass of champagne for $59. Live music will be provided from NeoGroove Movement, a DC based retro-Modern jazz fusion collective.
- Masa 14 will feature a DJ and two dinner seatings, similar to other area restaurants. From 5-8 you can get a $55 prix fixe menu and after 8 they are providing a 4 course menu with a midnight toast for $75. At the bar there will be $5 happy hour drinks all night.
- Local 16 is having a big bash with an open bar from 9PM to 10PM, passed hors d’deuvres, and a champagne toast at midnight with music from DJ MiGG-L. You can buy tickets online for $35.
- Go to Duffy’s for a more low-key New Year’s Eve celebration: no cover, $20 pitchers of beer all night like Fat Tire, Chocolate City Cornerstone Copper Ale, Port City IPA, and Washington’s Porter.
- DC9 will be dancing the night away with 4 hours of open bar, 2 levels of dancing, the prerequisite champagne toast, and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Coalition for the Homeless. Tickets are $55 if you buy online.
- Marvin/Blackbyrd Warehouse will throw an Apocalypse Marvin party – featuring an open bar from 8 to 10, DJ Jah-Sonic spinning music, and drink specials the rest of the night. Tickets are $20.
- Pearl Dive Oyster Palace is having a big party, with an open bar, passed hors d’deuvres, a raw bar, two DJs, and time to play on the bocce court if you want. Tickets are $150.
- Unfortunately, ChurchKey’s New Year’s Eve Beer Bash is already sold out.
Know of any other special New Year’s events on U street? Let me know in the comments.