The last U Street movie will be showing tomorrow afternoon at the Garnet-Patterson Jr. High School (2001 10th Street, NW). The event will screen Waiting for Superman, with a panel following the film. The doors open at 12:00 p.m.
Seating is limited – so free registration is required to attend the screening.
The discussion will include panelists:
- Jackie Gran (Moderator), Chief Policy & Partnerships Officer at New Leaders for New Schools
- Kelly Young, DCPS Interim Chief, Office of Family and Public Engagement
- Evelyn Boyd Simmons, ANC 2F Education Committee Chair, parent of Garrison Elementary School students
- Reuben Jacobson, Senior Associate for Research/Strategy for Coalition for Community Schools
- Patrick Mara, DC State Board of Education,Ward 1 Representative
- Robinette Breedlove, Principal, Meridian Public Charter School
- Kerry Sylvia, Teacher, Cardozo High School
- Ann McLeod, Garrison Elementary School, PTA President, and parent
There is a suggested $5 cash donation at the door.
There will also be a networking reception at Duffy’s Irish Pub and Restaurant after the panel discussion.