I see many of you are googling options of New Years Eve parties on U Street and coming along my post for last year. I meant to write this up earlier but, time, it gets away. Here is what the bars and restaurants are doing this year to ring in the new year:
- U Street Music Hall is having a no-nonsense dance party: performances by DJs Tittsworth, Nadastrom, and Nouveau Riche, no champagne, tickets are $10.
- BYT is hosting a DJs and beer night at Bohemian Caverns, with open bar for $55.
- Churchkey is hosting a New Year’s Eve Beer Bash with an open bar, a lot hors do’oeuvres, a DJ and “some surprises.” Tickets are $150.
- The Gibson is having their New Year’s Eve Gala, a black tie preferred event featuring an open bar, catered food, and champagne. I went last year and had a ball – the Gibson knows how to throw a party. Tickets are $130
- Eatonville is having A New Orleans New Year’s Eve with a four-course dinner, live jazz, party favors and champagne. the dinner is $59 (not including drinks).
- Marvin is hosting a 4-course meal for $75/person, not including alcohol. They have two seatings at 7 pm and 9:30 pm.
- Masa 14 is offering two dinner options: an early seating at $55/person that includes three dinner selections, a dessert, and a glass of champagne and a late seating at $80/person that includes – Six dinner selections, an amuse bouche, a dessert, and a glass of champagne.
- Local 16 is having an open bar from 8-10, appetizers, a champagne toast and music from DJ Okun. Tickets are $35 in advance, $45 at the door.
- Duffy’s is having an open bar, appetizers from 9 to 11 pm, champagne toast and party favors. Tickets are $60 in advance, $75 at the door.
- DC9 is hosting a Liberation Dance Party with your first drink free. Tickets are $15.
Know of any other special New Year’s events on U street? Let me know in the comments.