Here’s the buzz about restaurants in the neighborhood:
- Borderstan has the scoop on two new restaurants coming to 14th street: work has started on Standard (14/S) the burger joint opening in the former Garden District space. Also, a coming soon sign has been put up on the Peregrine spot (14/R).
- Prince of Petworth posted this rumor (in capital letters, nothing is confirmed) that Cafe Nema and MoMo’s (13/U), who reside in the same converted rowhouse, might be closing Tuesday. He didn’t have any information about why or for what. So, take this scuttlebutt with a grain of salt. I certainly wouldn’t want to see these places close.
- Tom Sietsema has the scoop on Jeff Black’s new restaurant, Pearl Dive, coming to 14/Corcoran. The spot will have a bocce court (new it thing?) and serve seafood stew, po boys, pasta, and fried chicken. ETA is Valentine’s Day 2011.
- Justin Rude of the Going Out Gurus had nice things to say about the New Orleans-tinted Desperado’s (13/U). I have to go soon. It’s on the list!
- 14thandYou talks about the possibility of the Saloon leaving its location at 12th and U because of disputes with the liquor licensing board.