I thought I’d take the time to update on the business that are (or were) coming to the area. Here’s a list of what is coming, what was supposed to be coming, and when they are supposed to open:
- Blackbird Warehouse at 14/U- Hilton brother empire expanding more, with what used to be a concept for a wine bar/bakery becoming a cafe/performance space – no estimated opening date.
- Boundless Yoga/Georgetown Valet at 13/U – Boundless Yoga is moving from space at 15/U and Georgetown Valet is opening. The building should be open in September. Read below post about the Boundless space, I met with the owner last week.
- Brixton Pub at 9/U – another Hilton brothers space, supposed to be a gastropub. Not much information beyond that, or on when it’s going to open.
- Burger/beer place at 14/S – while this isn’t confirmed, I’m pretty sure that this isn’t going to be a reality. The concept was going to be similar to the Shake Shack in NYC, but with opposition from the local ANC, it doesn’t look like a reality.
- Chidogos at 14th/U – this Chicago style hot dog place, with a liquor license, is scheduled to open sometime this summer.
- Deli at 12/S – this yet unnamed deli will be coming to a long vacant building on 12th street, not much more information beyond that.
- Estadio at 14th/Church – the Spanish tapas place by the owners of U Street Girl favorite, Proof. The signs are up, they’re working hard inside. Not sure if they’re going to reach their June opening date but it looks like they’ll make it soon.
- Diamond District at 14/Corcoran – the seafood market from former Saint Ex/Bar Pilar chef Barton Seaver is no longer coming to the area. Sad, I was looking forward to this one.
- Italian Shirt Laundry at 14/Q – Tom Sietsema broke the news that two restaurants will be coming to the 14th street corridor – this one will be a combination bakery/pizzeria. Should open sometime this year.
- Italian Cinema at 14/Rhode Island – from same owners of Italian Shirt Laundry – will serve pasta, charcuterie and screen Italian films on the restaurant’s roof.
- Port Orleans at 13/U – old Polly’s space rumored to become a burger place by owners of next door neighbors Angelico’s Pizza. Could be opening as early as July.
- Table 14 at 14/T – we haven’t gotten any updates on this space in a while, it’s supposed to be a farm-to-table restaurant with an Italian focus from the folks from Local 16.
- Also of note: there are signs advertising open spaces at the Solea building at 14th and Florida, any certain businesses that might have been coming seem to not be anymore.
Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments.