Don’t drive off to the suburbs or go online to get your gifts (hi there fellow procrastinators!), instead just walk around your own neighborhood and you’ll be able to find a perfect present for nearly anyone on U street. I love our funky, independent stores, and why not shop at home for the holidays? After reading a few fellow bloggers gift guides, here’s my (not so pretty) gift guide for U street:
- Get the fashion maven in your life a pretty skirt, sweater, dress at Nana, Lettie Gooch, Pop, Rue 14, Dekka, Caramel, etc.
- Get the food lover in your life gourmet goodies from Cork Market, Aroma Bakery, ACKC, Pitango Gelato.
- Get the friend who moved into a new place or is redecorating beautiful plates, vintage furniture, kitchen gadgets, super cool knick knacks from Go Mama Go, Home Rule, Miss Pixie’s, Pulp.
- Get a lovely indoor plant from Garden District (they especially need our support as they recently filed for bankruptcy).
- Get your sweetheart vintage, cool jewelry from Legendary Beast, Treasury.
Let me know if I left out any other good ideas in the area, and happy shopping!