Other blogs have done a better job covering the various construction projects that are headed to the U street area than I have. Here’s a quick round-up of all of the projects:
- A proposed hotel with retail space at 13th and U;
- Two new restaurants/bars at 14th between T and S: Blu Restaurant and Lounge and Masa 14;
- A mixed use property on 14th and S street;
- Policy, a new restaurant on 14th and T, is getting ready to open at the end of March: check out their small plates menu;
- The back-out of proposed retail at 14th and T that would have featured Room & Board, coffee shop, and a yoga studio.
It’s very interesting to see all of this construction in the neighborhood. My question is: will the declining economy allow for these projects to be finished when they would like to? Or will we see more half-renovated/half-constructed properties as funding for construction falls out.