I was so sad to learn, via DCist, that Ben Ali (of Ben’s Chili Bowl) died yesterday at the age of 82. His business was a large part of the revitalization of U Street, an icon in DC. And of course he brought love, chili, and half smokes to all. Just a year ago Ben’s celebrated its 50th anniversary. There’s not much else to say, RIP Ben.
- RT @Boston_Police: CAPTURED!!! The hunt is over. The search is done. The terror is over. And justice has won. Suspect in custody. 1 month ago
- @dcist_martin ha! 4 months ago
- Will share a link to her blog once she starts it, feels kind of great to proverbially pass on the torch. 4 months ago
- Well, damn. Got the sweetest email from a girl who sees herself as the next U Street Girl, considering starting a blog about the hood. 4 months ago
- Guys, what happened to Copper Pot? Are they no longer in business? 5 months ago
Tags9th street 13th street 14th street adams morgan arrest art bar bars beer blogging boundless yoga brunch chili closed closing coffee columbia heights coming soon construction cooking crime dc Food gourmet on a budget homicide logan circle MPD murder news open opening restaurant restaurants round up safety shooting s street twitter u street violence v street washington post wine W street yoga